Connecting Up is an Australian registered charity and not-for-profit organisation committed to building stronger communities through technology. Since 2007, a growing list of leading tech companies have partnered with Connecting Up to support the Australian and New Zealand charity sector with donated and discounted IT products, online learning and specialised consulting services.
Registration with Connecting Up is free, and there is no obligation to use any of their services.
Two new IT companies have recently partnered with Connecting Up:
Wix is a very popular free website building platform. It’s excellent for charities and NFPs because:
• Hundreds of pre-made templates to slash your build time
• No coding skills required
• Drag and drop page builder
• Mobile-friendly out of the box
• SEO-friendly out of the box
While a free Wix site is very appealing, there are many good reasons to pay for premium:
• No bandwidth restriction (unlimited VS 500MB on free) – this means there is no limit to the number of people who can visit your site
• Custom domain – connect your own domain without having “username.wixsite.com/” prepended to it
• No Wix ads anywhere on your site
• More storage (you only get 500MB for all your images and videos on a free plan, which is not very much!)
• eCommerce functionality added only on premium plans.
Now, eligible organisations can get 70% off the Wix Unlimited Premium plan through Connecting Up.
This is an “Access to Discounted Rates” offer, so you pay the admin fee ($40) to Connecting Up, then they send you detailed instructions for how to redeem your 70% off Wix Unlimited Premium.
Best of all, if you’ve already created a free website with Wix, you can request this donation to upgrage your plan – no site transfers needed!
Many of the apps we use have risen to the COVID challend and created native Zoom integrations to extend their functionality. However, to make use of these features, you need Zoom host licences, which is a paid feature.
If you haven’t already, check out Connecting Up’s Zoom discount offer.
This is an “Access to Discounted Rates” offer, so you pay the admin fee to Connecting Up, then we send you a unique coupon code that you redeem when signing up for a new Zoom account to get 50% off Zoom Pro or Zoom Business plans. If you already have a Zoom account (free or paid) you will need to start a new account to get the discount.